Kate Middleton has been the most photographed woman in the world since she married Prince William in 2011. From meeting the Queen at Buckingham Palace to visiting impoverished countries and attending major events like the Olympics and BAFTAs, Kate always looks elegant and stylish no matter what she wears. In this post we’ll take a look at 17 dresses that have captured our attention over the years:
Official Visit to Canada
- Kate wearing a blue midi dress during an official visit to Canada.
- Kate in a belted, light blue coat and nude pumps at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee lunch.
- Kate in a green sheath dress by Erdem, one of her favorite designers.
Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
To start, Kate wore a belted coat with light blue accents. The color of the coat is important because it sets off her dress underneath and makes her look more elegant. Next, she wore nude pumps with a heel that was 1 inch (2 cm). The event she was attending at Buckingham Palace was called “The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Lunch.”
Kate Middleton is one of the most stylish women in the world. She married Prince William in 2011 and has since then become an icon for fashionistas all over the world.
Kate’s style is known for being simple yet elegant, with a touch of understated glamour. She has been praised by many for her impeccable choice in clothing, which has led to her being called a “fashion icon”.
McQueen was a British fashion designer and Kate wore one of his dresses for the BAFTAs.
McQueen was born in London in 1941. He grew up at 4 Blenheim Crescent in Oxfordshire, where he lived until he was 22 years old. After studying architecture at night school, he started working as an apprentice designer for the Italian couture house Valentino. In 1968, McQueen moved to Paris where he worked for Yves Saint Laurent and then Pierre Cardin before opening his boutique on Rue Saint Honore in 1971 with partner David Neville (later founder of Mulberry).
In 1984-85 he designed two New York collections: “Hollywood Dreams” which featured celebrities such as Madonna; “Made In Heaven,” featuring Christian Lacroix’s designs; and “Paris Nights.”
Soft Pink lace Dress
In the dress, Kate is wearing a soft pink lace dress, designed by Alexander McQueen. The floor-length design has a high neckline and long sleeves that are covered in silk. The train on this gown is very long, which allows you to see more of Kate’s legs in their full glory!
- Kate was wearing a long-sleeved black lace gown with a floral jacket and matching skirt.
- She wore red Alexander McQueen with military-inspired buttons on her chest, which she paired with an elegant red clutch.
- At the UNICEF Emergency Gala Dinner, Kate wore a floor-length teal gown that had an intricate pattern of blue flowers covering it from head to toe!
Long-sleeved black lace Gown
The dress is from the Fall/Winter 2013 collection and was worn to a dinner in London. It features long sleeves, lace detailing throughout the body of the gown, and a high neckline.
Floral Jacket and Matching Skirt
Kate Middleton is a well-known fashion icon and she shows off her style in many different ways. One of the most popular outfits she has worn is when she visited Poland with Prince William in 2016. She was wearing a floral jacket and matching skirt while visiting Poland.
Red Alexander McQueen with Military-inspired Buttons
Kate wore this dress in Berlin in 2016. It was designed by Sarah Burton, who is the creative director of Alexander McQueen. The dress is made from silk crepe de chine and has a strapless bodice and full skirt that flows into an uneven hemline that creates more volume at the bottom of the garment.
In a white lace off-the-shoulder top and pale blue pencil skirt.
UNICEF Emergency Gala Dinner
The dress was designed by Erdem, who also created the dress worn by Kate Middleton at the 2012 Summer Olympics. It was a deep teal color and it had a high neckline with sleeves that were long-sleeved and buttoned at the wrist. The skirt of this gown was full, reaching down to her ankles and wrapping around her waist multiple times before flaring out again into training at either side of her legs. She wore this ensemble with matching shoes from Saint Laurent Paris—a pair of simple black pumps with gold detailing that complimented all of its details perfectly!
At the British Fashion Awards in 2012, she wore this off-the-shoulder lace gown by designer, Jenny Packham.
- In 2013 she repeated the look with a different dress from Jenny Packham.
- She repeated it in 2018 for her royal wedding day to Prince Harry at St George’s Chapel on April 29th. This time she wore one of their most popular designs: “The Lightness Collection.” The dress has a boatneck neckline and features an open back with sheer sleeves that are lined with lace as well as pockets on each side that add interest without being overdone (think Kate Middleton). It also comes in sizes ranging from 00 to 24!
- Finally we have seen Kate Middleton wearing another beautiful piece by Jenny Packham during her extravagant wedding ceremony with Prince William on May 19th, 2019 at Windsor Castle where they married after three years of dating before announcing their engagement back in December 2016.
In white silk faille taffeta coat, an outfit she wore again the next year to George’s christening. She also wore this Amanda Wakeley beige coat during her visit to Scotland in 2012
In her career as a royal, Kate has worn many different styles. She has experimented with different designers and looks that show just how versatile she is as an actress and woman. Her ability to adapt her outfits according to what she needs at the time shows us that she has a lot more control over her wardrobe than most of us do!